Disclaimer – This podcast is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. Please contact a medical practitioner if you are concerned and have any medical issue.
Postpartum recovery and postpartum care are topics that are often discussed on First Time Mum’s Chat, particularly relating to the challenges faced after giving birth with postpartum anxiety, depression, and those baby blues. Some mums have shared their journeys and challenges, whilst others have shared expertise, tips and insights to help with postpartum mental health.
I’m sure you’ll agree that there’s no shortage of education resources to help moms during their pregnancy. However, these are sadly lacking after your little one is born and you’re beginning your parenting journey. Studies show that many moms will face postpartum mental health challenges such as baby blues, postpartum anxiety or postpartum depression, and I feel it is extremely valuable for moms to have a better understanding of their causes.
In this week’s episode, I’m speaking with mum of 2, Michelle Solger, who is a certified mental wellness coach and postpartum educator. You’ll hear Michelle share some excellent tips and insights to help you with your postpartum care and postpartum recovery including:-
- An explanation of what’s going on in your body after giving birth, with regards to your hormones and their role in your body. After birth some of your hormones will skyrocket whilst others lessen and having a knowledge of these will help you to understand what is contributing to any feelings of anxiety of depression.
- Some tips to help you recognize whether you are suffering those baby blues or whether it’s reached a point of being postpartum depression. It is perfectly normal to experience the postpartum blues during those first 10 – 14 days so expect to feel some negative feelings and mood swings.
- Why you must not be shy and ask for help when you need it. This is not something you can just “will away” and it does not make you a bad mum. Accepting help is not an admission of weakness!
- Tips on how to ensure you take care of yourself, including dietary suggestions, probiotics, and supplements that can help improve your mental health.
And so, so much more.
Links Mentioned in the Episode
- Postpartum and Beyond Facebook Group.
- Postpartum and Beyond on Instagram.
- FREE 5 ways to improve your postpartum mental health.
A Selection of Other First Time Mum’s Chat Episodes Relating to Postpartum Care and Postpartum Recovery
- Let’s Discuss Postpartum Anxiety and Depression.
- Living With Postpartum Anxiety and Depression.
- How to Help With Postpartum Depression and Baby Blues After Pregnancy.
- Following the Right Postpartum Diet For Recovering Mothers.
- Help With Postpartum Depression – The Many Amazing Ways Baby Massage Can Help.
About Michelle Solger
Michelle Solger is a compassionate and empathetic certified mental wellness coach and postpartum educator who is deeply dedicated to supporting mothers during their transformative postpartum journey.
As a mother herself, Michelle intimately understands the challenges and struggles that can arise during this vulnerable time. She draws from her personal experience of facing a mental health battle after the birth of her second child, which served as a catalyst for her passionate commitment to helping other moms navigate similar challenges.
Michelle’s own postpartum journey ignited a strong desire within her to shed light on the often unspoken aspects of postpartum life that society tends to overlook or dismiss. With a mission to empower and educate, Michelle became a steadfast advocate for raising awareness about the realities of postpartum mental health. She strives to create a safe space where mothers can openly discuss and address their mental health concerns without judgment or stigma.