Disclaimer – This podcast is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. Please contact a medical practitioner if you are concerned and have any medical issue.
Many mums that I speak with feel lost when it comes to their postpartum period and I’ve spoken with a number of ladies on First Time Mum’s Chat who’ve related how alone they felt and what they went through. This week’s guest Sarah Bilger is a mom with an engineering background. Sarah felt so strongly after her own experience with the lack of support and lack of talk on all things postpartum when her daughter was born, that she decided to change her direction, becoming a postpartum doula. Sarah also started her Entering Motherhood podcast to support other moms and to make a difference.
In this episode you’ll hear Sarah and I talk about postpartum diet and nutrition and you’ll hear Sarah talk about:-
- Ways that food should be prepared so you can follow a good postpartum diet to really increase and accelerate your healing process and recovery during that transition into motherhood, particularly during the postpartum period.
- Why salads and other raw stuffs such as smoothies are best avoided as part of your postpartum diet during your postpartum period.
- Why you should prepare meals for yourself that contain as few ingredients as possible as part of your postpartum diet.
And much more!
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts
“I love Helen and First Time Mum’s Chat.” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — for a smooth journey into the exciting world of parenthood. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, follow the podcast. I add a new episode each week, and if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Follow now!
Links Mentioned in the Episode
- Visit Sarah’s Entering Motherhood website.
- Check out Sarah’s Entering Motherhood podcast on Apple.
- The Entering Motherhood Facebook page.
- Entering Motherhood on Instagram.
About Sarah Bilger
Sarah is a mom of two, wife, mechanical engineer, podcast host, doula, and is on a mission to redefine the postpartum period. After her daughter’s birth in 2019, she quickly realized the lack of support and lack of talk surrounding postpartum.
From there the Entering Motherhood podcast was created. Since then she has become certified in postpartum nutrition and as a VBAC doula. She combines her engineering mind with the skills she has gained since becoming a mom herself to empower other mothers to heal their bodies in the postpartum period so that they can become the mothers they wish to be.