Disclaimer – This podcast is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. Please contact a medical practitioner if you are concerned and have any medical issue.
The subject of healing your body after the trauma of birth and tips for recovery is not surprisingly a topic that has been explored on First Time Mum’s Chat in a number of episodes. In this week’s episode I’m talking with Prudence Todd, a previous Midwife and now Holistic Pelvic Care Practitioner and Restorative Pilates Instructor. Prudence helps with healing your body emotionally and physically after birth trauma in her healing sessions.
You’ll hear Prudence talk about:-
- How women don’t tune in enough to their pelvic floor and how releasing helps you with healing your body in your postpartum healing journey.
- Why as a mother following birth, your pelvis carries so much emotion which can impact you physically.
- Why in our modern hustle and bustle lifestyle where we’re all so busy, to begin healing your body, you need to learn how to take care of yourself and not put everyone else first!
- Why you need to communicate your true needs openly and honestly and not ignore possible physical symptoms to begin healing your body.
And much more…
Links Mentioned in the Episode
- Heal Your Body and Heart From Birth Trauma Facebook group.
- Your Womanhood on Instagram.
- FREE 30 minute connect call with Prudence Todd.
Listen to my other interview with Prudence Todd, Episode 117 – Healing Emotionally Following Birth Trauma.
A Selection of Other First Time Mum’s Chat Episodes Relating to Healing Your Body After Birth
- How to Improve Diastasis Recti & Aid Your Postpartum Recovery After Birth.
- Essential Breathing Strategies & Posture Exercises For Postpartum Fitness.
- Postpartum Care – Self Care Tips to Heal Birth Tearing.
About Prudence Todd
Prudence Todd is the Founder of Your Womanhood and deeply passionate about women’s experience of womanhood, birth and beyond.
As a previous Midwife and now Holistic Pelvic Care Practitioner and Restorative Pilates Instructor, Prudence helps women heal their heart and body after birth trauma with her online and in person healing sessions.
She specialises in guiding women to reconnect with their bodies, access their intuitive wisdom and medicine within and in turn heal pelvic floor trauma and dysfunction.
Prudence believes our womanhood is the portal to so much that rests within in us and that birth and pelvic floor dysfunction calls us home to address these issues.
Prudence loves to gather women together across cultures and generations to share wisdoms and give language to what women experience in their body’s as a birthing woman.
Prudence loves surfing with her family, spending time with their new puppy and being in nature.