Disclaimer – This podcast is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. Please contact a medical practitioner if you are concerned and have any medical issue.
Returning to work after maternity leave is a stressful time for many mums.
You not only need to factor in how to juggle your working life with your home life. You’ve now got your little bundle of joy to factor into the equation and this can be a difficult time with many adjustments necessary.
In this episode I speak with Millie Malum, a mother of two who has been through this, juggling a career with her family. Millie’s passion led her to write a book, ‘Merging Parenthood and Work: A New Mum’s Guide to Returning To Work Post Maternity Leave’, which has recently been published on Amazon.
Available either as a downloadable Kindle e-book or a printed book, Millie’s book covers many topics including:-
- Planning for a family and factoring in government regulations.
- How to have the necessary conversations with your employer to smooth the transition.
- What to do whilst on maternity leave to make the return to work easier.
The book includes templates and checklists to help guide you through every step of the way.
Mentioned in the Episode
- The medical condition that Millie suffered during her pregnancy which is mentioned in the episode is Hyperemesis Gravidarum.
- Merging Parenthood Website – includes link to purchase Millie’s e-book on Amazon.
- Merging Parenthood Facebook page.
- Merging Parenthood Facebook Group.
- Merging Parenthood on Instagram
About Millisen Malum Che
Millisen (Millie) Malum Che is a mother to two adorable children and an IT Management Consultant who lives in London, UK with her family.
This is Millie’s debut book, based on her own personal experience of maternity leave, returning to work and also the experience of other mothers in her network, Millie had a challenging time transitioning back to paid work after having kids and only wished she had the information and support required to make the process more seamless.
Millisen holds a BA (Hons) in Applied Accounting from Anglia Ruskin University Chelmsford and an MSc in Business Systems Integration with SAP from Brunel University West London.
When she has a moment to herself Millie loves reading, research and cooking.
Simple Baby Massage Routines to Help Build A Magic Bond
I’ll show you 4 simple to follow routines that you can easily incorporate in your daily routine to help enhance your confidence as a parent …