Disclaimer – This podcast is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. Please contact a medical practitioner if you are concerned and have any medical issue.
Including tummy time in your daily routine is a great way to give your baby a great start in life and there are many benefits in doing so.
This includes assisting their development in lots of areas including crawling and hand-eye coordination whilst helping to strengthen their head and shoulder muscles.
In this episode, you’ll find out all about tummy time including:-
- How to get started.
- Tips to encourage your baby and get the most out of it.
- Information on the many ways it benefits your baby.
Here’s what I talk about…
- [01:40] Introducing tummy time and what it’s all about.
- [02:40] Some home truths about tummy time.
- [03:17] Being aware of SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome) and the dangers when your baby is on their tummy.
- [04:35] Getting started with tummy time for newborns.
- [04:57] The benefits of tummy time for parent/carer and baby.
- [07:27] Reasons why your baby may not want tummy time.
- [10:02] Tips to help you get the most out of tummy time.
- [11:27] Suggestions to encourage your baby further.
- [18:35] Developmental milestones of tummy time.
- [20:51] When is tummy time not advisable to use?
Also, I wanted to help get you started with some tummy time routines. Click here to grab my free 4 simple tummy time routines cheatsheet.
Simple Tummy Time Routines
I’ll show you 4 simple to follow routines that you can easily incorporate in your daily routine …