Here is a breakdown of each session of my baby massage course.
- Appropriate oils to use on your baby.
- Permission sequence.
- Strokes for the legs and buttocks.
- Contraindications (situations where massage should be avoided).
- Benefits of Infant massage.
- Recognising your baby’s daily cycle and the best time to massage.
- Recognising when your baby does/does not want a massage.
- Bonding with your baby.
- Strokes for the abdomen and chest and techniques for touch relaxation.
- Developing massage stokes to suit your growing child.
- Strokes for the face, arms and back.
- Discussion on colic, strokes to prevent and relieve colic, constipation and wind.
- Exercises to keep your baby flexible and assist with lymphatic drainage.
- Review of full massage routine.